Healthy Quinoa Fried Rice & Veggies
This vegan dish uses quinoa instead of rice! Tasty enough to enjoy alone!
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup dried quinoa rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water or low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots peeled & diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 3 scallions sliced thin
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (any) diced
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- sriracha hot sauce, red pepper flakes or a dash of cayenne pepper to taste
- QUINOA: Rinse quinoa in sieve under cool water. In medium saucepan, combine quinoa with 1 3/4 cups water or vegetable broth (bring to a boil), simmer covered for 15 minutes. When done, remove cover and let set for another 10 minutes to soak up excess liquid. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- VEGGIES: In large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium high, add veggies and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add tamari, garlic powder and other seasonings to taste. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add quinoa to the veggie mixture, turn heat to high, cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add a drizzle of oil if mixture seems too dry.
Be First to Comment