Foiled Honey Mustard Salmon
Honey Mustard Salmon (in foil)
- 1 batch honey mustard sauce (see below)
- 2 pounds wild caught salmon boneless & skinless
- 1 tbsp finely-chopped parsley leaves
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic peeled & minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F (or heat grill to medium heat).
- Prepare honey mustard sauce as directed below.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Mist with cooking spray (olive oil/avocado oil/coconut oil), then lay out the salmon in the middle of the foil.
- Spoon honey mustard sauce on top of salmon, spread evenly so it covers the top.
- Fold the sides of the foil up and over the top of salmon until completely enclosed. Add another sheet of foil (if not large enough) and fold edges to form a sealed packet.
To Cook in Oven:
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is almost completely cooked through. (cooking times vary depending on the thickness of the salmon). Remove from oven and CAREFULLY open foil so that the top of fish is completely exposed. Lots of steam will be released! Change the oven setting to broil, then broil for 2-3 more minutes. Keep a close eye on salmon while broiling to be sure sauce does not burn.
To Cook on the Grill:
- Carefully transfer the packet of salmon to the grill, and grill 12-15 minutes until salmon is almost completely cooked through. Cooking times will vary depending on thickness of the salmon. Carefully open and pull back the aluminum foil so that the top of the fish is completely exposed. Lots of steam will be released! Continue to cook for an extra 3-4 minutes, until the firsh is cooked through.
- Remove salmon from oven or grill and sprinkle the top evenly with parsley and serve immediately.
To Make Honey Mustard Sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined