Simple Slow Cooker Minestrone
Slow cooking this gem allows all flavors and spices to intensify to deliver a delicious, hearty meal you’re sure to enjoy.
- 4 cups vegetable broth reduced-sodium
- 3 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz.
- 2 cans kidney beans 15 oz.
- 2 medium carrots peeled + chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 small white or yellow onion chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta
- 2 cups fresh or frozen spinach defrosted
- Garnish Parmesan cheese + basil optional
- Combine broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- One hour before soup is done cooking, add pasta, zucchini and spinach. Cover and continue to cook for an additional hour.
- Remove bay leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with basil.