Honey Garlic Chicken & Asparagus
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 10 ounces fresh cherry tomatoes
- 32 spears young thin asparagus, ends removed
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh lemon sliced to garnish
- Preheat oven 400°f. Spray a very large, flat rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and place chicken on the sheet leaving plenty of space between.
- Sprinkle chicken with sea salt.
- Whisk fresh lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, fresh garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a medium glass bowl.
- Pour half of the lemon mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes in your preheated oven, or until the chicken is just cooked.
- Arrange the asparagus and the cherry tomatoes around the chicken.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven on “broil” until the chicken is golden, and the asparagus is cooked crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices and serve with the remaining untouched lemon dressing.