Skincare experts say that to give any product due diligence, you’ve got to use it for 28 days, which is the cycle in which new skin cells form and old ones slough off. Read more here. A comprehensive skincare approach addresses both biological and environmental factors.
Some healthy aging skin challenges include:
- Production of collagen and elastin slows down a dramatic 65% between ages 20 and 80. Every year from age 20 on, collagen production slows by an additional 1%.
- Thickness of the skin decreases 6% every 10 years.
- The sun causes 90%–95% of the wrinkles, lines, as well as brown, red and white discoloration on our bodies.
- Cell turnover slows which can lead to dehydration and dryness.
- Repetitive movements, such as frowning, squinting, or cigarette smoking can form permanent wrinkles.
- Menopause can trigger a 30% reduction in collagen and a dramatic increase in dryness and dehydration.
- Gravity, along with a decrease in collagen and elastin production, causes skin to sag.
- Biological or hereditary factors account for 10% of skin’s aging.
- Environmental factors such as smoking or second-hand smoke, excessive alcohol use, and poor nutrition can lead to visible signs of aging such as wrinkling, sagging, discoloration, pigmented skin spots, thinning skin, and spidery lines.
- Free radicals from UV exposure, pollution, smoking, stress, and normal metabolic processes can cause changes that lead to the degradation of skin’s collagen and elastin.
Healthy aging means that you have and are able to sustain healthy-looking skin by consistently utilizing effective skincare along with balanced nutrition. Your skin’s needs will vary as you age but the need for twice-daily, targeted care will always remain the same. Supporting healthy-looking skin must include maintenance and protection — critical steps to healthy aging at every life stage.
Are you looking to address the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dryness and loss of radiance?
Are you managing sensitive skin that is prone to redness or irritation?
Are you struggling with persistent breakouts?
If your skincare needs fall in more than one category, start with the collection that most closely addresses your skincare needs and add additional products from other collections to address your additional concerns. Healthy looking skin isn’t an accident – it’s a result of understanding your skin type and creating a skincare and nutrition regimen to meet your needs. I can help you personalize a regimen for healthy-looking, beautiful skin and overall wellness. It’s simple!
Be First to Comment