Thai Shrimp Curry & Squash
Thai Shrimp Curry with coconut milk, butternut squash, red curry paste is a healthy and easy dinner recipe.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 3/4 tbsp coconut oil
- 14 oz coconut milk light (canned)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cornstarch optional
- 5 kaffir lime leaves optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb butternut squash cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1.5 lbs shrimp raw & thawed
- 2 lime wedges or more to taste
- 3 tbsp green onions chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Preheat large deep skillet on low heat and add coconut oil, spreading with spatula. Add onion, garlic, ginger and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, tomato paste, fish sauce, red curry paste, honey, cornstarch, kaffir lime leaves, salt, pepper and whisk until combined. Increase heat to medium – high and bring sauce to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens a bit.
- Add squash and bell pepper, stir, cover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until squash is cooked al dente. Add shrimp, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Do not over cook as shrimp will become rubbery.
- Gently stir the curry, adjust salt to taste, squeeze lime, top with green onions and cilantro. Serve hot with brown rice or quinoa.
- Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 4 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.