Salmon Avocado Bites
- 1 4 oz. pkg wild smoked salmon or lox cut if necessary to make 12 pieces
- 5 to 6 slices 1 small loaf pumpernickel or dark rye bread cut into 12 rounds, *see instructions
- 2 medium ripe avocados pitted
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh dill sprigs divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lemon half juiced, half sliced* as directed in the instructions
- *Lemon slices are optional- they are for appearance as pictured, and for squeezing juice onto the bite just before eating.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- If bread is unsliced, slice into thin, even slices and cut into 12 rounds with a cookie cutter or by pressing the top of a jar with a small circular top, such as an empty pasta sauce or jam jar. Discard crusts or save for homemade bread crumbs.
- Place rounds on parchment lined baking sheet, and brush 1 tablespoon olive oil onto the tops with a pastry brush or use the back of a spoon to spread on. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Toast until crisp, for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop all avocado flesh into the blender, and add yogurt, 1/8 cup dill, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Puree until completely smooth. Slice half lemon in half. Cut into thin slices to make small triangles, as pictured. Add a spoonful of the avocado puree to the top of a toast round, roll a piece of the salmon, add on top of the puree, add lemon slices if using, and top with a sprig of dill. Repeat with all of the toasts.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Enjoy!
Be First to Comment