Thai Shrimp Curry w/ Butternut Squash
- large deep skillet
- 3/4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb butternut squash cut into 1" cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp thawed
- 2 lime wedges
- 3 tbsp green onions chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat oil over low heat in large deep skillet. Spread oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger – Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the coconut milk, tomato paste, fish sauce, red curry paste, honey, cornstarch, sea salt, black pepper – Whisk until combined. Increase heat to medium/high (bring sauce to a boil).
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes (until sauce thickens). Add in the butternut squash and red bell pepper, stir, cover, and cook on low for 20 minutes until squash is al dente.
- Add shrimp, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes. DO NOT overcook (shrimp gets rubbery). Stir and adjust salt to taste. Serve alone, over brown rice, or quinoa!
- Refrigerate up to 5 days (or freeze up to 3 months).
Be First to Comment